Hidden World
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.
Hidden World

www.hiddenworld.aforumfree.com

InícioInício  Últimas imagensÚltimas imagens  ProcurarProcurar  RegistarRegistar  Entrar  

Anthrax - A book about the legendary CT underground music club

Ir para baixo 
AutorMensagem
louie_louie

louie_louie

Anthrax - A book about the legendary CT underground music club Empty
MensagemAssunto: Anthrax - A book about the legendary CT underground music club   Anthrax - A book about the legendary CT underground music club EmptySex Jan 16, 2009 7:59 am

Citação :
The goal of this book is to document the memories and feelings of those who were lucky enough to experience the Anthrax Club, both in Stamford and Norwalk, CT. I am looking for photos (both of bands and hanging out), stories, flyers, artifacts (someone out there has to have the sticker covered refrigerator door), anything you have that you want to share. I realize we all grew up and moved a dozen times since those days, but if you have anything I would love to talk with you. Even if you don't have photos, I have a short questionnaire I would like to send to you. Get in contact with me and spread the word, now is a great time to search for that long lost friend that always had that Kodak Disc Camera.
Please drop me an e-mail at: info@anthraxclubbook.com

Citação :
My story: Sometime in 1985 while skateboarding around Stamford, CT, I got a flyer for a club doing punk rock shows in the basement of a small art gallery. Because of Thrasher Magazine and a friend in Pennsylvania I had been listening to punk and hardcore but had yet to experience a live gig. One weekend night I made my way to the darkened street listed on the flyer, not knowing what to expect. I remember feeling anxious and scared out of my mind. I was a 14 year old kid with a wide skateboard sporting a Minor Threat sticker. Little did I know at the time that night, and the countless nights that followed, would change my life.

A spark was lit and from that day forward I went to every show. I saw bands I never heard of, bands I loved and a lot of bands I hated. It did not matter to me who was playing because I found an oasis in that dark sticker filled basement. I bought vinyl records, demo cassette tapes, t-shirts and zines every chance I got. I started my own zine and record label to promote my friends' bands and show anyone that would listen that CT had a great underground music scene. A do-it-yourself attitude was instilled in my mind.

The Anthrax Club was a place for those who felt they did not fit in with mainstream society. Sure there was still little cliques (punk, crust, political, druggies, straight edge, skinhead, etc), but everyone loved something that your typical kid in high school knew nothing about. It was our club, our meeting place, our venue to feel part of a greater scene. Brian and Shaun Sheridan owned and operated the Anthrax Club; a place I probably spent more time at then my own school. Every weekend I would skate there when it was in Stamford or, when it moved to Norwalk, load up my 1974 Malibu with all my friends and drive there. Those are times we'll remember.

Now, even 24 years later, I still get excited when I see a new picture surface online from a show at the club. I study the photo looking for me or my friends singing along or stage diving. I am instantly taken back to that night, the smell, the sounds, and the vibe of the crowd. Sometimes I can still picture the people there and what they were wearing. I can remember weird anecdotes like poking Spaz in the eye with my thumb while stage diving to 7 Seconds; or the singer of FANG spitting on the ceiling and it hanging down 2 feet before finally dropping to the floor of the stage. To be continued...
http://www.anthraxclubbook.com/

é capaz de ser nice...
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Anthrax - A book about the legendary CT underground music club
Ir para o topo 
Página 1 de 1

Permissões neste sub-fórumNão podes responder a tópicos
Hidden World :: hidden world :: Geral-
Ir para: